Here's something I'm not sure if you know about me- I do NOT like plain meat. If a recipe involves the use of only salt and pepper or, heaven forbid, suggests baking the meat (*gag*), I can pretty much guarantee I will not be trying it. Herbs, spices, and sauces are my friends!
I feel like I have good natural instincts when it comes to adding flavors and I absolutely LOVE finding new marinade ideas around the blogosphere! I've had great success with the suggestions of my bloggy friends. I'm blessed to have some very wise brains to pick whenever I need something new to try.
When I'm not near a computer, am running low on ingredients, or just want something super simple to add flavor to my meat, I've long relied on Lawry's. I usually have a bottle of their marinade somewhere on the top shelf of my pantry. My fave? Sesame Ginger. Yum!
This is why, even though I do the lion's share of my cooking from scratch, I was so excited to receive a fun Lawry's prize pack in the mail! In it?
- 2 Bottles of Marinade- Szechuan Sweet & Sour BBQ and Tuscan Sun-Dried Tomato (mmm... tomato...)
- 4 Seasoning Mixes- Asian Style Beef & Broccoli, Chimichurri Burrito Casserole, Mediterranean Sundried Tomato & Garlic Chicken, and Tuscan Style Chicken Marsala with Garlic and Basil (If you know me at ALL, then you know I have a passionate love of Chicken Marsala!!)
- Marinating Dish- I don't know what I was expecting here, but I was so impressed with the size and quality of this covered Pyrex dish!
- Set of Skewers- These are metal skewers- not bamboo- so you will not need to be soaking them.
- Bottle of Lawry's Seasoned Salt (I'm excited to use this when making Amy's Breakfast Burritos!)
I love the idea of having some quick meal fixes on hand! Would you like to have some too?
Here's what you need to do:
- Leave a comment letting us know what your flavor preference is- tart, spicy, sweet, or savory. (For the record, I like all those flavors, but my top Lawry's pick is a sweet one... which apparently means I'm a "Sweet Lifer"... " Does that sound like me?)
- If you choose to share about this giveaway on Twitter or Facebook, please just leave an additional comment letting me know you did so!
- A winner will be chosen on Wednesday, October 6th.
Note: I was provided with a prize pack for myself and one to give away by Lawry's through MyBlogSpark. All opinions about the products are, as always, my own, and I received no further compensation.
This post is linked to Things I Love Thursday.